Thursday, February 6, 2020

Being a Consumer-Rights Attorney…

I’ll never forget as a young teen coming home one day and seeing my mom sitting alone and sad. It disturbed me to see her like that. I said, “Is everything ok, Mom?”

She replied, “Yes. I just went to get an oil change and I left paying $3,700 for something I don’t think needed repair. It’s ok.”

My mom was a hard-working teacher and $3,700 wasn’t chump change.

It’s the reason I became a consumer-rights attorney and still am despite being a full-time filmmaker. I hate seeing people get ripped off. It brings the ‘Batman’ side to me like no other.

I don’t sue good people or good companies. I sue bad people and bad companies.

I sue a dishonest caterer who overcharges a film production. I sue Netflix for failing to bring in a Christian movie due to fraud. I sue an airlines for leaving a customer stranded at 4 am due to their fault.

As a born-again Christian, I can still love the people that we file lawsuits against. But I can’t let them rip off people. I like Hosea 12:6: “But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always.”

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment